Monday, May 26, 2008

The National Awakening Day of Indonesia

It’s been a hundred years since Indonesia had the early nationalist movement. So, it doesn’t seem too much if we celebrate it in a large of scale and in special way. Yes, Indonesia commemorating the national Resurgence Day on May 20th.

People of my country have the spirit of awakening in many ways. The bikers had a rally motorbike tour around the country, even our artist passed away on an accident when they had a journey in central Java. The musician had a concert and sing a national song with full of proud ness. The Military had a special ceremony as a kind of a show force to the world that we have a great army and stronghold to defend the country until the last drop of our blood.

But, is that all? It is not enough. The spirit of awakening is not just like that. It is not just the clamorous applause supporting the Thomas and Uber Cup team in Istora Senayan, Jakarta. It’s not just the poetry that read aloud on the stage. The spirit of awakening is not as simple as that. But, we have to do more, in real action not just rubbish. Let’s fight the corrupt, let’s fight the poorness, and let us do anything better than before, more honest than before….

And me? I have a different way to celebrate the big day. As a teacher, I have a motto “I can make a change no matter how small it is”. Well, I can change the world by teaching in my class. I can change the mindset of my students. So they can face the world with full spirit of awakening day… Just let’s do something better…

No comments: